For enhanced user protection, Latest.co.za adheres to and observes the voluntary privacy guidelines set forth in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002. We commit to not revealing personal information in any manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
- “This website” refers to https://www.latest.co.za
- “Website owner” or “we” signifies Ad Lunam Investments (Pty) Ltd
- “User” denotes any individual accessing any segment of this website
Terms and Updates
Collection of Personal Data
- We handle personal information (such as your name, address, phone number, email, and credit card details) submitted by users according to the following principles:
- Latest.co.za collects only the personal information needed to deliver its services, with the specific purpose clearly indicated.
- Personal information will not be used for any other reason unless we obtain the user’s prior written consent or are legally required to do so.
- Records of collected personal information and their purposes will be kept for one year from the last date of use.
- Personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without the user’s written consent, unless required by law.
- If data is released with user consent, a record will be kept for one year, specifying the details of the release.
- Obsolete personal information will be destroyed or deleted.
- Data collected about users through their interaction with this website belongs to the website owner.
- We maintain exclusive ownership and copyright of any user personal data database.
- We do not retain or store any credit card information.
- As permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use collected personal information to generate statistical profiles, ensuring no individual user can be identified.
Collection of Anonymous Data
- Standard technology may be employed to gather data about the website’s usage, purely for statistical analysis.
- Cookies from this website enable us to tailor services based on your preferences. These may include third-party cookies for advertising.
- Users who wish to opt out of cookies can adjust their browser settings, but some website services may become unavailable.
Access to Personal Data
- Users may request correction of outdated or incorrect personal data. Please contact us with specific details for such requests.
- Users have the right to access personal data as outlined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- Detailed guidelines on PAIA and data access are available in our Promotion of Access to Information Manual and from the Human Rights Commission website.
- We hold no responsibility for the privacy policies of third-party websites linked to our site and advise users to review these policies.
- Despite taking reasonable steps to secure submitted information, we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage caused by unauthorized release of information.
- Sharing of usernames and passwords with others is strictly prohibited.
- While we prioritize children’s safety and privacy, ultimate responsibility lies with parents and caregivers to protect them from inappropriate content.
Last reviewed: 28 August 2023 (subject to update)